Niovi Phinopoulou - 3D Generalist/ Groom Artist
• 3D Generalist/ Groom Artist, Cinesite VFX (Oct. 2018 – Present)
3D Modelling, Texturing, Grooming environment & character assets.
° Adrift (2018)
° Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
° Robin Hood (2018)
• 3D Generalist, BlueBolt (Jan. 2017 – Aug.2018)
3D Modelling, Texturing, Look-development, Lighting/Rendering environment assets. Grooming/ Look-developing fur for character asset.
° Taboo (TV series 2017)
° Guerilla (TV series 2017)
° Howard's End (TV series 2017)
° Entebbe (2018)
° Holmes and Watson (2018)
° Robin Hood (2018)
• Generalist/ Groom TD, Trixter (Apr. 2016 – Sept. 2016)
Grooming and Surfacing CG characters.
3D Modelling, Texturing and Look-development of assets.
° Timm Thaler oder das verkaufte Lachen
° Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
• Groom TD, MPC Film (Aug. 2015 – Feb. 2016)
Creation of costume groom and hair for high & low resolution digital double characters.
° X-Men: Apocalypse
° Suicide Squad
° Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
• 3D Modeller, Ground Control (Apr. 2015 – May 2015)
Modelling and UV unwrapping assets for Horlick's NutriQuest game trailer.
• Groom TD jr., MPC Film (Aug. 2014 – Feb. 2015)
Creating fur for animals and CG hair for digital doubles.
Other responsibilities included optimising, fixing, transferring and modifying existing grooms for crowd variations.
° Jungle Book
° The Legend of Tarzan
• 3D Artist, MPC, Advertising (Dec. 2013 – May 2014)
Modelling, UV unwrapping, texturing, surfacing assets for TV adverts.
Other responsibilities included optimising, clean-up and re-topologise assets from other sites, layout and lighting.
Projects: “Toxic Cycle” client: Anti-smoking Campaign, “Softworld” client: Cushelle,
“Brave Bones Club” client: Cheesestrings, “Welcome” client: Bet365
• 2D Artist, The Cyprus Institute (Oct. 2013 – Nov. 2013)
Website UI design for the Cyprus Institute's supercomputer facilities, Cy-Tera
Poster & flyer design for international scientific conferences
• 2D Artist, Freelance Illustrator/ Graphic Designer (Sep. 2010 – Sep. 2011)
Character & logo design
Children’s book layout development and character concept development
“ Recycled City”, collaborative exhibition
Maya Zbrush Mari XGen Yeti UVLayout Arnold Nuke
Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premier Pro for Mac/Windows
• Master of Arts in 3D Computer Animation (Oct. 2011 – Dec. 2012)
NCCA Bournemouth University
• Bachelor of Art (Hons) Visual Communication – Illustration (Sep. 2007 – Jun. 2010)
Birmingham City University
• EDEXCEL BTEC Diploma in Art & Design (Sep. 2006 – Sep. 2007)
M.Arti School of Art + Design
• Tilemachos Kanthos Fine Art Competition (shortlisted finalist, part of final exhibition) (Oct. 2016)
• 261 Women's Marathon (Apr. 2016)
• Vitality Brighton Half Marathon (Feb. 2016)
• 5k Mo-Running Battersea Park (Nov. 2014)
• Volunteer, Natural History Museum (Jul. 2013 – Oct. 2013)
Responsible for restoring rare and delicate specimens of the Spirit Collection.
Assist at other Department projects such as x-rays scans for scientific papers.
• CGStudentAwards, People’s Choice Award (shortlisted) (Jun. 2013)
• Neil Gaiman’s “A Calendar of Tales” competition (published finalist on official website) (Mar. 2013)
• Tilemachos Kanthos Fine Art Competition (shortlisted finalist, part of final exhibition) (Oct. 2010)
• Annual Book Illustration Competition, the Bank of Cyprus Cultural Foundation (2nd Prize) (Oct. 2009)
Running, sketching ideas on public transportation, playing the piano, photographing random things.